You wanna know whats cool……this email from @scoutmob
Andrew Kordek | May 22, 2012
Every once in awhile I run across some cool email and this one is no exception. I have admired Scoutmob business direction and their email program for quite awhile now. Recently, I downloaded their mobile app which appears to be a strategic play for Scoutmob since they really do have a killer app. Like anything you have to give your email address and I decided to link my online account with my mobile app and to my surprise I get the email below. Before you see it, here is why its cool:
- The email came to my inbox within minutes, showing how effective timely communications can be.
- They are thanking me for downloading their app. This is the first company, I have seen sending me a specific email thanking me for downloading their app. (BTW…Scoutmob sends you a welcome email after you sign up for their email program as well.
- BAM!!…they captured my email address during the sign up…so hopefully they will be able to tie my email, mobile and other email activity to my account…smart marketing.
- Check out how they show me how to use their email. They provide a great explanation and on each button and leave it idiot proof
- They personalize it for me and its totally on brand in terms of the voice.
- I love the way they want to introduce you to the deals within the email: A staff pick, A popular one and an expiring one. These give me options, but not too many so as to overwhelm me.
- They give me a video link to learn more about their app and tell my why I should watch it since it is a different experience.
- There is some great social integration with FB, Twitter and Instagram going on with their virtual facial hair experience
- Last but not least…this email is funny. Not off the wall, twisted funny, but funny in that most people will see the humor and understand it funny.
TOP 1/2 OF THE EMAIL
BOTTOM 1/2 OF THE EMAIL