This is a highly visible and strategic role. As our Account Director, you’ll be responsible for the overall leadership of specified client relationships/businesses including the development of strategic plans, overseeing the execution of plans and program elements, financial management and managing/mentoring employees.
This position requires you to manage multiple client relationships simultaneously and to oversee the management of the day-to-day on the accounts by your account teams. It also requires you to communicate and coordinate regularly with other departments within Trendline including creative, technology, production and QA.
- Lead the business, from the highest level of strategic planning to the execution and implementation of those marketing plans.
- Add value to the client’s business, become an invaluable member/partner of the client’s business team.
- Look to develop client relationships at the senior level.
- Be a team leader, responsible for motivating and mentoring the team, addressing areas of need, and ensuring the highest possible quality of work generated by the team.
- Profitably build the business by identifying new project and business opportunities.
- Service accounts personally and directly, updating and including the internal executive leadership team when needed.
- Write or direct the writing of creative briefs and/or execution plans.
- Work with the client and various internal teams to ensure requirements are clearly understood and documented, and that projects are managed and delivered according to expectation.
- Serve as escalation point for customer issues.
- Prepare and drive quarterly and annual business reviews.
- Coordinate project estimates internally and gain client approval on pricing.
- Responsible for the financial contributions of clients’ businesses including revenue, resource allocation, invoicing, margin improvement, contract negotiations/development.
- Support business development efforts through on-site presentations and/or participation in RFP responses
- Lead onboarding efforts with new clients which may include initial discovery and strategy development support as well as setting up processes and procedures for the ongoing relationship
- Provide regular feedback and annual reviews to direct reports
- Be passionate about being there for our clients
- BA/BS in Marketing, Business, Web Design and Development, Computer Science, Information Technology or related field; or equivalent experience.
- Have a minimum of 5-7 years of account coordination/ account management experience including at least 3-4 years of email campaign management.
- Be awesome at time management.
- Be confident with having direct client interaction and management.
- Be self-motivated. Be a quick learner. Be assertive.
- Be calm, cool and collected under pressure. Having strong interpersonal skills is key.
- Be passionate about success for yourself and the client.
- Have excellent with communication and writing skills.
- Ability to manage multiple projects concurrently.
- Detail-oriented, self-directed and able to set priorities.
- Professional in both verbal and written communication.
- A team player who also works well independently, thinks creatively, solves problems and takes initiative.
- Passionate about technology and enjoys talking about it.
- Willing to work on new challenges but remain focused on your regular duties.
- Comfortable with tight deadlines; organized, efficient, detail-oriented and able to multitask.
- Ability to work effectively within a team in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment.
- If you have read this far, let’s see how much attention to detail you have. Please provide in your first communication to us the year the first email was sent and who sent it.
What Trendline Offers
- Money. Both in salary and eligibility for our quarterly profit sharing plan.
- Vacation. We don’t tell you how much vacation to take. Just don’t leave us hanging.
- Benefits. Healthcare as well as some intangible things.
- Team. A multi-disciplinary group that works as one unit to meet client objectives.
- Everyone has a voice at the table.
To apply for this position, send us your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org