As our Deliverability Strategist, you’ll be on the Inbox Pros team (the deliverability group within Trendline). Day-to-day, you’ll be supporting various deliverability consulting engagements. The Deliverability Strategist position requires a combination of customer support, writing, research, data analysis, and project management skills, as well as a reasonable base-level technical understanding of email systems and email service providers. Ongoing training will be provided to ensure that skills are maintained and updated. We encourage those individuals with experience in marketing automation strategy and design to also apply.
- Requirements Analysis: Work with the client to determine the exact problem experienced and set expectations for deliverables.
- Message Delivery: the collection, review, and analysis of client messages.
- Research: investigating various aspects of a client’s email ecosystem. This will involve inspection of client processes and messaging infrastructure as well as the external perception of the same (block lists, reputation, etc.).
- Problem Solving: Per the client requirements, the promised deliverables, and the research data, the Deliverability Strategist will compile a list of actions the client may take to achieve their objective.
- Technical Writing: The Deliverability Strategist will then write a technical business report for delivery to the client. This report generally summarizes the problem at hand, the underlying technical reasons for the problem, and the step or steps the client needs to take to resolve the problem. This report will include both specific and summary sample data.
- Remediation: Deliverability Strategist may need to directly communicate with ISPs, block list maintainers, anti-spam technology providers, ESPs, or numerous other relevant parties.
- Working with clients, ISPs, ESPs, and other members of the deliverability community via email, direct phone calls, conference calls, Skype, online chat, etc.
- Report on the status of projects on an at least weekly basis and must be able to track and report hours on a per-project and/or per-client basis.
- Consistently and efficiently sift through large amounts of technical data, extracting meaningful information.
- Reach logical conclusions based upon raw data and provide detailed reports/feedback.
- Effectively research, discuss, and report on the following:
- General Internet concepts: IP addresses and related terminology, DNS.
- Email technologies: SMTP, inbound- and/or outbound- email delivery, email authentication, message header analysis, bulk mail, spam filtering.
- Email Policy: Deliverability best practices, CAN-SPAM & CASL compliance, ISP relations, FBL signups and processing, whitelisting, email block resolution.
- Email Industry Knowledge: ISP email filtering / blacklisting, filtering companies, and block lists.
- Mitigate future risk and provide strategic advice for better email campaigns and inbox placement.
- Utilize delivery monitoring and issue notification systems to support strategy for inbox placement.
- Be an expert in industry trends, updates, best practices related to email deliverability and email campaigns in general.
- Post deployment data analysis to identify strengths and weaknesses in email campaigns.
- BA/BS in Marketing, Business, Web Design and Development, Computer Science, Information Technology or related field; or equivalent experience.
- Have at least 1-2 years of email marketing experience.
- Be awesome at time management.
- Be confident with having direct client interaction and management.
- Be self-motivated. Be a quick learner. Be assertive.
- Be calm, cool and collected under pressure. Having strong interpersonal skills is key.
- Be passionate about success for yourself and the client.
- Be excellent with communication and writing skills.
- Be passionate about being there for our clients.
- Ability to work on multiple projects concurrently.
- Detail-oriented, self-directed and able to set priorities
- A team player who also works well independently, thinks creatively, solves problems and takes initiative.
- Passionate about technology and enjoys talking about it.
- Willing to work on new challenges but remain focused on your regular duties.
- Comfortable with tight deadlines; organized, efficient, detail-oriented and able to multitask.
- Ability to work effectively within a team in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment.
- If you have read this far, let’s see how much attention to detail you have. Please provide in your first communication to us the year the first email was sent and who sent it.
What Trendline Offers:
- Money. Both in salary and eligibility for our quarterly profit sharing plan.
- Vacation. We don’t tell you how much vacation to take. Just don’t leave us hanging.
- Benefits. Healthcare as well as some intangible things.
- Team. A multi-disciplinary group that works as one unit to meet client objectives.
- Everyone has a voice at the table.
To apply for this position, send us your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.