Platform Specialists are responsible for the setup and deployment of client campaigns using the specified email platform, such as Salesforce Marketing Cloud (SFMC), Eloqua, Marketo, Responsys, etc. They work closely with the QA team to ensure all emails are error-free before executing the deployment. Platform Specialists work with internal teams to ensure emails are targeted to the appropriate segments and successfully execute any tests according to the client’s specifications. Their utilization is dedicated 100% to client-delivered work. This position requires technical skill and a strong attention to detail.
- Own and manage all facets of client email program implementation within enterprise email systems such as Salesforce Marketing Cloud (SFMC), Eloqua, Silverpop, Responsys and/or similar systems.
- Plan, set up, implement, and configure email programs using HTML and scripting languages.
- Ensure client data is accurate and complete for the email campaigns being executed.
- Utilize tools to schedule one-off and trigger programs.
- Configure A/B testing, segmentation, and dynamic content.
- Complete rigorous QA checks on every campaign.
- Adhere to deadlines set forth by the Account and QA teams to ensure emails are deployed in a timely manner.
- Track and report email campaign metrics.
- Develop and document efficiencies in current and future processes.
- Manage and maintain documentation for all assigned email programs.
- Support internal Senior Platform Specialists, Account Management, and Creative teams.
- Collaborate with team members on ways to improve internal processes and client programs.
- Ability to set up deployment details according to the specifications outlined in the project Content Template.
- Ability to edit existing scripting language code, such as AmpScript or Smarty.
- Maintain Internal Error Free Rate of 60% or higher on proofs and deployment details
- Prepare and deploy recurring newsletters and/or ad hoc emails for assigned clients.
- Make updates to automations, triggers and/or journeys
- Ability to write incident and bug reports.