As a Senior Analyst, you will be responsible for transforming vast data sets into compelling and actionable insights while assisting junior Analysts with these responsibilities. You will be working on everything from data management, transformation, summary, and visualization to insight generation and strategy presentation. Analysts are expected to collaborate with internal teams to capture a deep understanding of campaign objectives. You will help lead this charge with the various teams and ensure reports are valuable and relevant. Not only will you measure performance, but you will also have the opportunity to work directly with clients and vendors to implement the resulting strategies.
Our ideal candidate is comfortable working with large datasets, relational databases, and SQL queries, as well as distilling and communicating insights to internal teams and clients. We are looking for an innovative thinker with a drive to improve and optimize analytics. This position is ideal for the individual who has a passion to learn and grow in a fast paced agency environment.
- Developing new ways of looking at a vast amount of data in order to answer business questions and develop insights
- Managing complex, dynamic Excel & Tableau reports and ensuring flawless daily reporting
- Fully understanding our clients’ email marketing goals in order to generate and communicate clear, compelling, and actionable insights
- Gathering data through various third party platforms and analytics tools
- Ensuring that reports are delivered to clients with few errors and in a timely manner
- Responding proactively to requests from clients and internal teams
- Providing constructive feedback to continuously improve processes and offerings
- Presenting reports to clients during weekly, monthly, and/or quarterly meetings/calls
- Provide on-the-job training to junior analysts and interns
- A BA/BS in Analytics, Statistics, Finance, Economics, Information Management, Social Science, or Business/Marketing related fields
- 3-4 years of experience in Marketing Analytics preferred
- Self driven with a strong desire to learn and grow
- Ability to manage and prioritize multiple concurrent projects while maintaining a high level of attention to detail
- Must thoroughly understand relational databases and how to work with them, including strong SQL skills
- Above-average knowledge of Tableau (or other BI/visualization software such as Power BI, Periscope, etc.)
- Ability to clearly explain complex technical ideas to both verbally and in writing
- Strong desire to work in cross functional teams and collaborate with other departments
- Advanced skills in Excel including advanced functions, data visualization, and professional formatting, some experience writing macros preferred
- Proficient in PowerPoint and other Microsoft Office programs
- Strong knowledge of email and digital marketing, passion for both marketing and analytics
- Attention to detail in everything that you do is extremely important. That said, let’s see how much attention to detail you have: in your first communication with us, please tell us who sent the first email and what year did it happen?
Helpful Technical Skills:
- Experience or coursework in Marketing Analytics preferred
- Experience with web analytics tools (Google Analytics, Omniture, etc)
- Experience with email marketing tools (Marketo, MailChimp, Eloqua, SMC/ExactTarget, etc)
- Familiarity with statistics packages (SPSS, SAS, R, etc)
What Trendline Offers:
- Money – Both in salary and eligibility for our quarterly profit sharing plan.
- Vacation – We don’t tell you how much vacation to take. Just don’t leave us hanging.
- Benefits – Healthcare as well as some intangible things.
- Team – A multidisciplinary group that works as one unit to meet client objectives.
- Respect – Everyone has a voice at the table.
To apply for this position, send us your resume to email@example.com.