The Senior Project Manager at Trendline Interactive directly supports the vision of being the world’s best email marketing agency through the effective delivery of both internal and external client projects. As part of our Project Management Organization, this role works with a broad set of resources across Trendline and is responsible for all phases of planning, coordinating and managing medium to complex projects to a successful completion. The Senior Project Manager will frequently work with the Account Services team and with our clients and oversee a blend of both technical and marketing projects common to digital email marketing solutions. This role will also mentor and train other members of the project management team and will help lead Trendline in the development of Trendline’s project management standards and agency focused methodologies.
- Evaluates complex situations using multiple sources of information – filters, validates and interprets dynamic material related to project delivery
- Manages and appropriately escalates: delivery impediments, risks, issues, and changes associated with project initiatives
- Ability to lead and motivate cross-functional teams and interact with all levels, both marketing and technical
- Analysis, planning, developing requirements documents, developing procedures, and other related management and operational duties in collaboration with stakeholders and business partners
- Assigns and monitors the work of technical and marketing personnel, ensuring that project steps are in alignment with business objectives, on-time and within budget
- Manages a method of change management including ownership of a documentation, communication plans, process training, etc.
- Defines, acquires, and allocates budget, staff, and other resources necessary to accomplish the goals and/or objectives of the program group/function and monitors performance across resource channels
- Designs and implements processes to monitor and control resources, budgets, risks and value to business objectives
- Establishes, plans, and executes major milestone reviews and decision gates to complete the program and project life cycle. Ensures all the required products and deliverables are produced and reviewed, including the technical leadership of requirements management, design, implementation, system integration, verification, test, quality assurance, delivery, operations, and sustainment of the technical solution
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to interact professionally with a diverse group; developers, marketers, and subject matter experts
- Exercises broadly delegated authority for planning, directing, coordinating, administering, and executing many routine and complex projects/programs.
- Identifies, clarifies and communicates project vision, goals and objectives and how these tie into, support or impedes organizational strategic objectives
- Manages scope throughout the project duration. Maintains accurate program estimates, timelines, project plans, and status reports
- Manages and tracks team velocity, financials, and other KPIs in relation to the plan and published progress reports
- Provides process improvement recommendations based on best practices and industry standards
- Resolves conflicts by demonstrating leadership and appropriate decision-making competencies, working with both client and Trendline stakeholders
- Identifies, creates, and evolves project management standards and practices and educates and trains others within Trendline
- Must have 5 or more years managing medium to complex projects in a dynamic cross functional team (preferably within a digital agency or consulting organization)
- Must have an expert level working knowledge of industry standard project management practices including agile methodologies (preferably with PMI certifications and or PMP)
- Must have a track record of managing projects to an on-time and within budget completion
- Must have an expert level of working knowledge of project management tools (preferably Microsoft Project, Smart Sheets, and Workfront)
- Should have a working knowledge of marketing technology stacks (preferably with cloud marketing platforms such as SFMC, Adobe, Selligent, Oracle, etc)
- Should have a moderate understanding in the areas of email service providers, API, database and system design and integration
- Must be able to manage multiple projects and project teams simultaneously
- Must have excellent communication written and oral skills
- Experience working with clients and partners and coordinating both technical and non-technical team members and deliverables
- Ability to work effectively within a team in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment that consist of many remote team members.
- Comfortable utilizing video conferencing tools; such as Skype, Google Hangouts, etc.
- Experience mentoring and/or managing a team or other project managers
To apply for this position, send us your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.