Trendline was tasked with the challenge – help Heart & Stroke get their email marketing house in order and do it quickly. Taking the 130+ databases, Trendline’s data analysts and programmers developed a methodology to identify how many unique and valid email addresses existed, and what other data points were available to use in testing and targeting. This work took less than 3 weeks to accomplish.
Insights gleaned from the operational audit revealed:
- The reach the email program was less than estimated and greater priority was needed for email acquisition
- Overlap between programs was much smaller than expected (6%), which identified an opportunity to leverage audiences more fully across programs for a dramatic increase in subscriber reach for key programs.
- Subscribers who were receiving email from more than one program were more engaged which further supported the benefit of breaking down the data silos
- The frequency that Constituents were receiving messages was less than expected for most audiences. This identified opportunities to expand campaigns within programs
- Profile data at the Constituent level was incomplete for many sources and greater emphasis was needed on consistency for data capture in order to deliver on better personalization.
By bringing Heart & Stroke’s data together for a holistic view of their contacts, the organization was better able to understand how to move forward and create stronger interactions with their subscribers. Trendline and Heart & Stroke have worked together for 4 years, and employees in Trendline’s Guelph office consistently participate in the foundation’s annual Big Bike fundraiser.